I figured a way to add External Links to my Facebook Page – In this blog-post I’ll share how I did that. It’s not a native feature and I have resorted to a third-party app to get this functionality. Here’s the Blog-Post:
This is how my Facebook page Tabs looks after I completed the process.
You can see it is linked to my Blog, Twitter and Google+ from my Facebook page tab.
Before we start. you should have the proper admin permissions to install app to a Facebook page as we are going to use a third-party app for this blog-post. Here are the steps involved:
1) https://www.facebook.com/iframehost > click on Go to App that’s right besides like button > click on “install page tab”
2) select the Facebook Page and click on add page tab
3) Authorize Tab application (review the permission requests before agreeing)
4) Can you see the Tab Settings Page?
*NGO XYZ is just a page that I created to show this. Ignore the phrase when you see that.
5) I want to redirect it to say twitter.com/paras_doshi.
So following are the settings that I chose:
Tab Name: Twitter
Page Source: redirect
And I entered the URL that It will get redirected to:
6) I am going to leave other choice as default for now. You could explore it for advanced options like “this tab will only be visible to your fans and invisible to your non-fans” among other things.
click on Save Settings.
7) Can you see the new tab?
8) Test it!
9) Come back on your page. Now – Don’t you want to change the Image? Yes? Go to Edit settings for this Tab:
10) click on “change” for custom tab image. And Now, upload the custom image.
When done – come back to your page. Can you see it? yes? Great!
11) To add more Tabs. click on this tab as “page administrator”
when prompted about “Do you want to be redirected?”. click on cancel
click on settings from the admin tab options.
and another tab:
Limit seems to 10 tabs.
And once you click on “HTML Page Tab #n”, then you’ll have to repeat the steps about configuring the settings for this tab.
That’s about it!
If you want your Facebook page to point to your (or your organizations) presence on other social media networks – then now you know how you can add external links and point your Facebook page fans to Google+, Twitter, Website, Blog among other things.
Are there any other cool facebook page techniques that you now of, I’ll be glad to learn about it – Please do post it in the comment section (along with your facebook page url! )
1. Social Media Analytics. Facebook Page Smackdown: Status updates vs Images?
2. Five things I learned about “Art of report designing” from Facebook insights.