This is Guest Blog by Jugal Shah. Jugal is pursuing MBA w/ focus on Marketing from a premier university in India. He shares his views on marketing, sales and strategy via his Blog & Facebook.In this post, He briefly comments on “How to measure Social Media Marketing ROI”.
Jugal Shah’s Short post on Measuring Social Media Marketing ROI:
In social media marketing, ROI is not in just monitory terms. So, for social media ROI, my focus would be on
1) to how many people I have reached
2) How many people I have engaged through online activities
3) Becoming a conversation enabler and perception driver
Then focus on
1) how much increased revenue is due to social media reach (you can do this by tracking referred link)
2) How many leads you generated through social media
3) How social media efforts helped to resolve customer query/problems and led to more customer satisfaction (remember customer acquisition cost 10 times more than customer retention cost).
In a nutshell, It’s of utmost important to use Social Media as:
- conversation enabler
- perception driver
- customer retention
Paras: Jugal, Thanks for this post. I am sure, this short post would be a great food for thought for readers who are interested in Digital Marketing Analytics or analytics in general. Readers, Feel free to reach out to him on his blog and/or Facebook page.
- How Can You Measure ROI in Social Media? (sociableblog.com)
- Is Social Media ROI Unmeasurable? (seomoz.org; Check out the comments section)
- Calculating Social Media ROI : 4 Effective Ways (thetechnologycafe.com)