(if this newsletter was forwarded to you then you can subscribe here: https://insightextractor.com/)
The goal of this newsletter is to promote continuous learning for data science and engineering professionals. To achieve this goal, I’ll be sharing articles across various sources that I found interesting. The following 5 articles made the cut for today’s newsletter.
1. Architecture for Telemetry data
A good reminder that the software development architecture can be significantly simplified for capturing telemetry data here
2. 5 popular job titles for data engineers
This post here lists 5 popular job titles: data engineer, data architect, data warehouse engineer — I think Analytics engineer is missing in that list but a good post nonetheless. I hope that we get some consolidation and standardization of these job titles over the next few cycles.
3. [Podcast] startup growth strategy and building Gojek data team – Crystal Widjaja
Really good podcast, highly recommended! here
4. Tenets for data cleaning
A must-read technical whitepaper from legendary Hadley Wickham. These principles form the foundation on top of which R software gained a lot of momentum for adoption. Python community uses similar tenets. Must read! here and here
5. Magic metrics that startup probably as product/market fit from Andrew Chen
A must-follow Growth leader!
- Cohort Retention curves flatten (stickiness)
- Actives/Reg > 25% (validates TAM)
- power user curve showing a smile
Magic metrics indicating a startup probably has product/market fit:— Andrew Chen (@andrewchen) October 15, 2019
1) cohort retention curves that flatten (stickiness)
2) actives/reg > 25% (validates TAM)
3) power user curve showing a smile — with a big concentration of engaged users (you grow out from this strong core)
Thanks for reading! Now it’s your turn: Which article did you love the most and why?Note from Paras: To support this blog and free content here, I partnered with Datacamp for affiliate marketing revenue. I personally use this platform (see my profile here) and highly recommend it. I wouldn't be endorsing them if it wasn't 10/10! Click on the link below to start your journey towards becoming the BEST data professional! Paras's datacamp referral link