The purpose of this newsletter is to promote continuous learning for data science and engineering professionals. To achieve this goal, I’ll be sharing articles across various sources that I found interesting. Following articles made the cut for today’s newsletter:
- Amazing data storytelling example from Ben Evans. Ben starts from a basic premise around “Amazon is not profitable” that a lot of people argue about. He then goes on a data storytelling journey with publicly available data-sets around his chosen premise. Must read! here
- What kind of data scientist am I? Elena Greval from Airbnb wrote this excellent article in 2018 but it’s still relevant to understand 3 different flavors of data scientist. Read here
- What does it mean to be a data science leader or manager? Eric Weber’s short post on Linkedin on what does it mean to be a leader. IC’s should exhibit these traits for faster career growth especially if you are the sole data person in a decentralized structure. Read here
- Functional data engineering: In the blog post here, Maxime Beauchemin explains how to apply functional programming concepts to data engineering.
- Interested in growth analytics? Think about this interview question from Andrew Chen: How would you 10x the growth of Product X? LinkedIn post here
Thanks for reading! Now it’s your turn: Which article did you love the most and why?Note from Paras: To support this blog and free content here, I partnered with Datacamp for affiliate marketing revenue. I personally use this platform (see my profile here) and highly recommend it. I wouldn't be endorsing them if it wasn't 10/10! Click on the link below to start your journey towards becoming the BEST data professional! Paras's datacamp referral link