I am kicking off a weekly newsletter to share curated list of things you should read to continue to get better at data. Links for this week below:
- AI Hierarchy of needs: Think of Artificial Intelligence as the top of a pyramid of needs. Yes, self-actualization (AI) is great, but you first need food, water, and shelter (data literacy, collection, and infrastructure). Read here
- A Beginner’s Guide to Data Engineering: A very good introduction to data engineering. If you work as a data analyst or data science, this is a must read to have a full understanding of an important discipline within data family. Also super useful for Jr. data engineers to explain what they do. Read here
- The Rise of the Data Engineer: Must read documents to restructure your thinking on data engineering. Read here
- Data engineer in 2020: This is a really good list of tools and skills that you should acquire if you want to become a data engineer. Read here
- Why did metric X go down last week?: A really good 2 minute read on Linkedin from Andrew Chen: Read here
Source: Monica Rogati’s fantastic Medium post “The AI Hierarchy of Needs”
It’s your turn: Which article did you like the most? comment below!