Here are the steps visually:
Uninstall existing version:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program
- Locate the PowerPivot add-in installed on your machine
- Uninstall this program
Install new version:
1. Search for “PowerPivot download”. As of now, the URL is: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074
2. Download the add-in
Now, how do select 32 – bit vs. 64 – bit? While 64-bit is recommended, you should have the 64-bit office to do that. Either case the version of the office installed should match the version of the PowerPivot installed. So how do you check that?
Excel > File > Help
3. Since I’ve 64 bit office, I’ll install the 64-bit version of PowerPivot. For that to happen, I downloaded the 64-bit version of PowerPivot.
4. And installed it.
That’s about it for this post. you can also double-check the version of the installed version of the PowerPivot: How to check the installed version of PowerPivot and what’s the latest version?
- Unpivoting data using the data explorer preview for Excel 2010/2013: (parasdoshi.com)