In this Post, we’ll see how I (as an Administrator) created a Master Data Services Entity via MDS add-in for Excel:
1. Created a Model via MDS Web Application. I named it “customer Information”
3. Open the File that has the Data that you want to load to MDS
4. Switch to Master Data tab in Excel
[Resource: Steps I followed to Install SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services (MDS) on my Demo Machine: And then Installed the Excel Add-in]
5. Connect to MDS server (via Excel add-in)
6. Select Model as CustomerInformation
7. Under Build Model, select Create Entity
8. Configure the values in the “Create Entity” > click OK
9. Switch to MDS web application to see the new entity:
I hope this helps! Your comments are very welcome!
- Master Data Services: Analogy to remember what are Models, Entities and Attriutes (parasdoshi.com)
- Matching activity in Data Quality Services in action! (parasdoshi.com)
- Guest Blog: How we use Fuzzy Lookup add-in in our company to solve data inconsistency problems: (parasdoshi.com)
- SQLAuthority News – Download Whitepaper – Cleanse and Match Master Data by Using EIM (sqlauthority.com)
- How to clean similar textual data in Excel via Fuzzy lookup add-in? (parasdoshi.com)
- Official Resource: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh479642.aspx (MSDN)
- Master Data Services Add-in for Microsoft Excel (MSDN)
0 thoughts on “How to create a MDS entity via Excel add-in?”
I have tested, it is working.
But I in my case leaf member attributes wasn’t added in the Entity Model.
Do you have an explanation for this behaviour ?