In this post, we’ll see matching activity in action. For the demo purpose, I’ll be using Data-Sets that I’ve found via Movies Sample & EIM tutorial .
we’ve a list of movies and we want to identify “matching” movie titles.
Create a Matching Policy
1) Mapping the Domains:
2) Configuring the Matching Policy:
Note: You can have Matching Rules on more than one domain. I used one domain for demo purposes.
3) View Matching results:
4) Publish the KB (which stores the matching policy)
Once you have the matching policy, you can use this in a Data Quality Project:
5) See How I ran a Data Quality Project (w/ matching activity) in the image below.
Note: You can export the clean data-set via Data Quality Project.
we’ve a list of Supplier Names and we want to identify “matching” supplier names.
Note that in this situation, you would see how to use more than one domain to create a matching rule.
Most of the steps would remain same as situation 1, But I want to show you Matching Policy & Matching Results
Also, I want to show that, the matching policy (DQS KB) that we created earlier can be used in Master Data Services too! For more details check out the resource: DQS, MDS & SSIS for EIM
In this post, we saw how DQS can be used to clean “matching” records. For step by step tutorial, please refer to Movies Sample & EIM tutorial .
- SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services Term based Relation’s in action! (parasdoshi.com)
- How to clean records using Regular Expressions in Data Quality Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- How to standardize data using Data Quality Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- How to clean address records using third-party reference data-sets in Data Quality Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- Guest Blog: How we use Fuzzy Lookup add-in in our company to solve data inconsistency problems: (parasdoshi.com)
- Difference between Term based relations and Domain values in SQL server 2012 Data Quality Services (parasdoshi.com)
- How to detect unrealistic or invalid values using Data Quality Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- Master Data Services: Analogy to remember what are Models, Entities and Attriutes (parasdoshi.com)
- Data Quality Service’s Composite Domains in action! (parasdoshi.com)
- Data Profiling and SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services (parasdoshi.com)
0 thoughts on “Matching activity in Data Quality Services in action!”