1. I browsed through other errors/warnings as well – I was also missing assemblies from Reactive Extensions and so I added them first.
2. For my scenario, I had installed StreamInsight 2.0 successfully on my machine but I downloaded the sample that needed assemblies from StreamInsight 2.1 – notice the version mismatch here? That was the problem!
3. One of the message said “Could not locate assembly Microsoft.ComplexEventProcessing version = 188.8.131.52” – notice the version = 184.108.40.206 – it suggested that I needed the assemblies from StreamInsight 2.1
4. So I downloaded “Microsoft® SQL Server® StreamInsight 2.1” and installed it. And it worked!
5. FYI: I found the Microsoft.ComplexEventProcessing assembly on my machine at C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETassemblyGAC_MSILMicrosoft.ComplexEventProcessing*
That’s about it for this post. I hope it helps someone who is having issues with finding the assembly with the right version number to get started working with StreamInsight.