I was recently searching for a way to do some text mining on Twitter Data. I was interested in a tool that has some “library” that helps to fetch twitter data & later, I wanted to create visualization like say word cloud, time series. etc. Turns out that “R” perfectly suited my needs because of libraries/packages such as TwitteR and ggplot2 – And so, I downloaded and installed R and RStudio on my windows machine. Here are the steps (I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 machine 64 bit):
1. Download R for Windows:
2. After downloading it > Install it by leaving all options to default.
3. Download RStudio Desktop for windows:
4. Install RStudio > leave all options to default.
5. Open RStudio > In the Bottom Right Pane, switch to Packages Tab > Click on Install Packages > In the packages box, type in ggplot2 and > click on Install.
5. Check that ggplot2 successfully unpacked and installed > Now similarly install the package: twitteR > make sure it is successfully unpacked and installed.
we can do much mire but just wanted to show how you can do social media analytics with R!
In this blog post, we saw a step by step process to download and install R and R studio on a windows machine.