I found a great sample Dashboard on Social Media Analytics in Excel that is powered by PowerPivot. Here’s the screenshot of the Dashboard.
Here are the steps if you want to download and play with the Dashboard:
- Install Power Pivot add-in
- Download the “Analytics for Twitter” excel sample (powered by PowerPivot). Link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26213
- It creates an “Analytics for Twitter” excel file on Desktop > Open it.
- The dashboard is powered by data it pulls in the Power Pivot:
- You can change the search queries:
a. Edit the default search terms:
b. Refresh Data:
c. Updated Dashboard!
That’s about it. And here’s a Youtube Video showing some features in this sample:
In this blog-post, I shared a great sample dashboard built on top of PowerPivot model.
- Crunch more than 1 million rows in Excel 2010 with free addin called Power Pivot! (parasdoshi.com)
- PowerPivot: Quick Tip regarding Copy-Pasting Tables in PowerPivot 2010 (parasdoshi.com)