In the domain management activity of Data Quality Services, you can test the domain rules on sample data while creating the Knowledge base . Here are more details:
1. Create a KB > Select “Domain Management as activity” > create a Domain > Go to the Domain Rules Section of a Domain.
2. For the purpose of this blog-post, I am going to create a domain rule named “Email Validation” which requires the Values to End With @ParasDoshi.com
3. Here’s the Domain Rule. Now click on “Run the selected Domain Rule on Test data” icon:
4. Now add some test data and then click on “Test the domain rule on all items”.
Thus, This way you can build and test the Domain Rule while creating the Knowledge Base.
In this blog-post, we saw how to test the Domain Rule in the Data Quality Services client of SQL Server 2012
- How I think of what is KnowledgeBase in SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services (parasdoshi.com)
- How to Delete a Knowledge Base in SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- SQL SERVER – Step by Step Guide to Beginning Data Quality Services in SQL Server 2012 – Introduction to DQS (sqlauthority.com)
- SQL SERVER – Why Do We Need Data Quality Services – Importance and Significance of Data Quality Services (DQS) (sqlauthority.com)
0 thoughts on “SQL Server Data Quality Services: How to test Domain Rules in the DQS client.”