In this blog-post, we’ll see what you can do when the Excel data mining add-in disappears.
1. What happened?
So I have installed the Excel Data Mining add-in.
But I do not see the Data Mining Tab in Excel:
2) So Now what?
I searched and found this. and got it working for the software versions (Excel 2010, SQL Server 2012) that I had and so I am documenting it here.
3) Logged in as Administrator > Office button > Options > Add-Ins > Do you see the Data Mining add-in Disabled?
4) Select Disabled Items in the Manage > click GO
5) Click on the data Mining add-in and enable it. > Click close > Click OK
6) Re-open Excel. Can you see it now? Yes? Yay!
That’s about it for this post.
In this blog-post, we saw how to enable the data mining excel add-in.
- How to enable Data Mining in EXCEL powered by SQL Server Analysis Services? (parasdoshi.com)
- Excel data Mining in Action: Forecasting Twitter Followers for next week (parasdoshi.com)
- Machine Learning VS. Data Mining (parasdoshi.com)
3 thoughts on “How to Solve: Excel Data Mining add-in disappeared.”
Thanks! this was extremely helpful – very quick fix!
I’m glad it was helpful.
Yay!!! Many thanks. I spend almost two hours figuring how to do this until I stabled on this website.