1. SQL Azure reporting is generally available and backed by SLA
2. You can now run SQL Server on VM roles
3. Azure was rebranded a while back but quick reminder: SQL Azure was renamed to Windows Azure SQL Database and so in the “new” portal – you’ll see “SQL database” instead of SQL Azure.
I’ll blog about these features as and when I get a chance to play with it.
Read all updates here: Now Available: New Services and Enhancements to Windows Azure
And I updated http://parasdoshi.com/whats-new-in-sql-azure/
- what’s the role of a “Master” database in a SQL Azure world? (parasdoshi.com)
- Worried about Securing SQL Azure Data? SQL Azure and “Trust Services” could help. (parasdoshi.com)
2 thoughts on “Quick updates from meet windows azure event for Data Professionals”