This question that I contributed is a part of the ongoing SQL server Quiz 2011. To take part, please go to: http://beyondrelational.com/quiz/sqlserver/dba/2011/questions/186/which-are-the-options-available-to-a-dba-to-tune-a-sql-azure-database.aspx
The idea behind this question is two-fold:
1) To spread awareness that with SQL Azure we do need to tune the databases – that part does not go away. Though many of the tasks are offloaded to cloud, the fact is, if you write a bad query – it’s going to run bad on the cloud too. yeah, It’s that simple!
2) To learn what “tools” do we have as a DBA to tune those bad running queries.
So yeah, go ahead and send what you think at http://beyondrelational.com/quiz/sqlserver/dba/2011/questions/186/which-are-the-options-available-to-a-dba-to-tune-a-sql-azure-database.aspx and ALL the best for the Quiz and it’s results! May you walk away with Apple iPad given by Redgate – it’s an awesome prize!
And I would thank Jacob sir for inviting me as a Quizzer (Now I have a badge on my beyond relational profile!) for this wonderful Quiz he runs! Thanks sir.
And all the best for Quiz again. Have fun!
- My article on “Tuning SQL Azure databases – Part 2/2″ got published in SolidQ Journal’s september edition (parasdoshi.com)
- My article on “Tuning SQL Azure database – Part 1” got published in SolidQ Journal (July 2011) (parasdoshi.com)
- SQL Azure Interview Questions and Answers (parasdoshi.com)