To view error(s) that occur during MDS’s staging process, we have two views: stg.viw_name_MemberErrorDetails & stg.viw_name_RelationshipErrorDetails. For the purpose of this blog post, let me show you how I (as an administrator) view information from stg.viw_name_MemberErrorDetails.
1) Name of the entity: supplier & Name of model is Suppliers
2) I imported data into staging table stg.supplier_leaf via SSIS
3) Now here’s how you can see the errors that occur during MDS’s staging process:
we can go to MDS web application to initiate the staging process > start the batch > after completion you can see the status as well as if it has any errors or not:
4) Now if you see that there’s an error, then you can go to stg.viw_name_MemberErrorDetails to see what are the errors. In my case, I am going to run the query:
select * from stg.viw_supplier_MemberErrorDetails where Batch_ID=2
You can get the above query via MDS web application too:
5) And as you can imagine, you can get access to this error data via SSIS (SQL Server Integration services) too. So if you have a workflow that a. Loads data to MDS and b. initiates the Batch process via Stored Procedure; then you can program it to get access to errors from the stg.viw_name_MemberErrorDetails & stg.viw_name_RelationshipErrorDetails tables.
That’s about it for this post! I hope this helps. Your comments are very welcome!
A reader emailed me to ask about where is the SQL Server Master Data manager Web UI? I guess, the reader might not recollect the URL that was created after the successful installation of Master Data Services. – And in fact, I had forgotten the Master Data Manager Web UI url once too and this how I got the URL of the master data manager web UI:
1. Start > IIS Manager
2. Find the site from the sites section of the IIS manager:
3. click on Browse the site and it would open the site.
4. After the site opens, you would also get a chance to see the location of the site
That’s about it.
This might not be new to most of you, but I hope that this helps someone out there who might need a pointer about searching for the URL of the Master Data manager web UI.
In this blog-post, we saw how to see the location of the Master data manager web UI via the IIS manager.