You have a SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) report that has a table which displays some records — but sometimes it can have NO rows; In that case, how to display “There are No rows” message so that it doesn’t confuse the consumer.
- Open the report in SQL Server Data Tools and go to the “design” tab of your SSRS report
- Select your table (do NOT select a cell inside a table. Make sure that the table is selected)
- While the “table” is selected, Go the Properties section OR you can use F4
- Inside the Properties section, find “No Rows” section and you should see a NoRowsMessage property:
- Go to the preview tab to make sure it’s working and you should be ready to deploy the change!
That’s it! Hope that helps.
Official reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220407.aspx
Author: Paras Doshi